Overall Purpose: To assist in the day to day running of the King’s Park Conference Centre, ensuring that the needs of all user groups are met to the highest possible standard.
This roll is part-time (22.5hrs per week) – Any 3 days out of 7, including evenings and weekends.
- To contact group leader prior arrival to confirm their requirements and ensure all departments receive the correct and relevant information. To ensure that all details on the booking system are accurate and recorded.
- To set up Conference rooms, PA system and other facilities as required by guests.
- To ensure that the conference centre is clean and ready for groups arriving to their conference and to maintain the cleanliness in the main areas.
- To meet group leaders on arrival and co-ordinate check-in, welcome talks, ensuring all groups are relevantly briefed including Emergency Procedures, Security and site details.
- To be responsible for issuing keys and maintaining them.
- To ensure the smooth operation of Guests’ programme by liaising with catering, house and maintenance team.
- To support the operation of the shop and coffee bar, managing till, petty cash and stock.
- To ensure coffee and tea points in the main area are ready for guests in cooperation with the catering team.
- To always be available for groups when on duty, ensure that the reception desk is covered at all times and phones are answered. To sign in visitors, contractors and deal with deliveries.
- In cooperation with the catering team to check and oversee the dining room, ensuring preparation is complete and everything is ready on time for the guests.
- To open the centre at the beginning of the day and follow lock up and security procedures at the end of the day.
- To assist with fire procedures and training, taking part in training programmes as directed by the Business and Hospitality Managers.
- To respond when first aid is required.
- To attend regular meetings about bookings, staff issues, working systems etc.
- To assist with administrative issues and be familiar with social media like Facebook etc. and with the Microsoft Office package (i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher and Outlook).
- To help with any other operational procedures as required.
- To maintain and follow the Christian values in the day to day operating of the centre and within staff relationships and attend at prayer times where possible.