A Unique and Fulfilling Gap Year Experience
What is Firm Foundations?
We run a highly successful gap year programme called Firm Foundations, the course is completely free and a great introduction to the outdoor industry or a challenging year out. Firm Foundations provides a unique opportunity to gain the following qualifications free of charge.
During the year you will learn various skills and be trained to run many different activities for schools and visitors of our activity centres. You will gain industry standard qualifications which will allow you to progress in the outdoor adventure industry.
Learn more about our activity centres.
Action Centres, despite the difficulties caused by the pandemic over this last year, has continued to provide Young People with opportunities to be challenged, to grow and to undertake activity based training. There is a range of possibilities for anyone interested in the outdoors, instruction or working with young people:
- The Pioneer Centre is now accepting voluntary worker INTERNATIONAL applicants through Firm Foundations for the 12 month training program with a start date August 2021. Please get in touch direct for more info.
- Also, the Pioneer Centre is now recruiting for UK BASED applicants through Kickstart Scheme for 6 month employment (part time) with a start date August 2021. There may be another opportunity to apply later this year in December 2021. Please see requirements below and apply through your job coach.
- Whitemoor Lakes will be looking to accept voluntary workers, both INTERNATIONAL and UK based applicants, for a new intake January 2022. Please get in touch direct for more info and to apply.
Any UK based applicants (subject to right to work) to be accepted as part of the Kickstart scheme you must meet the following requirements:
- Signed up to the job centre
- You need to be on universal credits
- 18y – 24y
Click the button below and fill in our online application form…yes it’s that easy!
Find Out More
Keep up to date
Follow us on Facebook to see what this years trainees are getting up to!
How can I find out more?
If you’ve got a question about the course, chat to us on Facebook or drop us an e-mail.