Click below to make a one off or regular donation
If you prefer, you can also donate by phoning our offices on 01604 499699 or send a cheque payable to NAYC to our head office at Kings Park Conference Centre, Kings Park Road, Northampton, NN3 6LL.
If you fancy a challenge, why not fundraise to support the fantastic young people of Northamptonshire! You could organise a bake sale, a sponsored run or any other creative ideas you have! We would love to support you and your event so please email email@example.com with your ideas and we will be in touch with further assistance.
Leave a gift in your will is a wonderful way to leave a lasting legacy of support to young people and so if you would like more information about this, please email Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND HELPING US TO CHANGE YOUNG PEOPLE’S LIVES FOR THE BETTER.
What is NAYC & ACUK?
NAYC (Northamptonshire Association of Youth Clubs) & ACUK (Action Centres UK) is one organisation committed to releasing potential in young people. Since 1961 we stood firm on our mission to help and educate young people through leisure-time activities. We use activities to develop their physical, mental and spiritual capacities so that they may grow to full maturity as individuals. Over the years we have been the fore runners of many different initiatives to help and support young people (visit our about us page to discover more about our story).
Today we look a little different from our humble roots. Through the generousity of many and passion to see the next generation thrive we have grown to become who we are today, serving more than just Northampton but young people throughout the UK.
Our organisation consists of:
- Our youthwork association (also known as NAYC) based in Northampton and committed to supporting over 200 youth groups in the local area. Our youthwork association exists to help set up new groups, support existing youth groups, provide training for leaders and resource them to provide a place where young people discover their potential.
- Our sports facilities (King’s Park Sports) serve local people in the Northampton area and also host large national sporting events that attract people from throughout the UK.
- Our dedicated conference centre (King’s Park Conference Centre) provides a residential facility to train and develop leaders, empowering them to lead the next generation.
- Our activity centres (Pioneer in Shropshire and Whitemoor Lakes in Staffordshire) welcome youth groups, schools, charities and faith groups from around the country. Our residential centres give our groups an opportunity to take the adventure of a lifetime whilst learning new skills, building relationships and getting away from the everyday to have plenty of fun.
- Our instructor training gap year programme (Firm Foundations) intends to equip young adults for the outdoor industry whilst developing them into well rounded adults. Our trainee instructors gain industry standard qualifications and learn how to release potential in young people coming through our centres.
What do we do?
Activity Residential & Day Events
Both our activity centres have a variety of different activities including climbing, abseiling, zip wire, fencing, archery and more! Sessions are designed to be fun, engaging and educational. Our instructors all carry the relevant qualifications so you can rest assure your group will be safe under their care. Our centres are popular with schools, youth groups, charities and faith groups as they offer adaptable spaces that can be used for revision sessions, large conferences or as breakout areas combined with the experience of the outdoors. And with both centres operating as fully catered facilities, it allows you to focus on enjoying your stay.
Conferencing Residential & Day Events
With years of experience facilitating events for churches, charities, schools and businesses, King’s Park Conference Centre is somewhere people come back to time and time again. Our dedicated conference co-ordinators will help your event come to life. With comfortable ensuite bedrooms, accommodating conference rooms, appetising food and a friendly staff team we are an attractive option for both day and residential conferences. We have a variety of different sized rooms, our largest conference room, John Kirkham Hall, can seat up to 200 people down to our small breakout rooms, perfect for intimate gatherings.
We are a leading youth organisation in Northampton supporting local groups and their volunteers in providing an environment young people can develop. We provide support to set up new groups, train leaders and volunteers, help to sustain current groups and make resources accessible. We are a friendly bunch who aim to work in partnership with you every step of the way. Groups we currently work with include sports groups, music groups, uniformed groups, church groups, youth clubs, drama groups, after school clubs and youth organisations. Whether you are a complete start up or a group that have been going for years, we can help.
King’s Park Sports is a hub of sport in Northampton, offering opportunities to play tennis, futsal, badminton, netball, volleyball, basketball, bowls, unihoc, even to go roller skating, climbing or trampolining! We strive to give locals the opportunity to exercise, develop their skills and make friends. King’s Park Sports consists of two centres King’s Park Tennis Centre and Benham Sports Centre, both located on the King’s Park site. Across both centres we run regular sessions including coaching and social sessions, there is something for everyone, no matter what age or experience.