An exciting opportunity has arisen for a General Manager at our busy residential conference centre in the heart of Northamptonshire. This is a full-time position (37.5 hours per week over 5 days) including some weekend and evening work
There is an occupational requirement attached to this job for the successful candidate to be an active practicing Christian with a willingness and ability to promote the Christian Faith and uphold the values of the organisation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and overseeing the day to day operation of the Centre and staff, plus the future development of the centre and staff team to enable us to deliver the most effective service. The post holder will also be part of the NAYC/ACUK Leadership Team and be expected to maintain a Christian ethos within the Centre.
- Maintain a Christian ethos within the Centre
- Overall responsibility of the Centre bookings at King’s Park Conference Centre in cooperation with the Bookings Administrators. Ensure the conferences, seminars and all bookings when placed on the calendar are at a satisfactory level and are smooth running
- Meeting the financial objectives and income targets and controlling of expenditure within authorized limits
- To control and plan staff rotas to ensure efficient coverage of staff and duty persons and a willingness to work shifts of duty as necessary. An oversight of staff rotas across Centre. To maintain records for holidays and sickness, and ensure staff completion in training programmes as necessary and in conjunction with HR and policy.
- Developing a future strategy for the centre, to enable us to continue to provide the most effective service and facilities to our guests, implementing change and developments where necessary.
- Planning and implementation of policy at King’s Park Conference Centre
- Involvement and contribution to the Marketing strategy for the Centre with the Marketing and Sales team
- Ensuring the needs and comfort of all groups are met and maintained by all the Centre teams with excellent standards of customer service delivered constantly
- Management of staff teams and those for who you have a specific responsibility for. Maintaining close supervision and good working relationships with the Bookings Administrators, Head Chef, Housekeeping Manager and the Conference Coordinator team
- Maintaining close liaison with the Kings Park Sports Managers and teams, developing potential for cooperation across the site, particularly when visiting groups using these facilities.
- To be responsible for the recruitment of staff and any other personnel issues that may arise, in liaison with and supported by HR.
- Ensure the implementation of the Health & Safety Policy in conjunction with the Housekeeping Manager ensuring that all staff are fully trained by the Health &Safety Officer both in their specific roles and in all aspects of health and safety. To ensure that all groups are briefed on fire regulations and safety procedures as soon as possible after arrival, either personally or by the Conference Coordinators
- To ensure that Property is maintained safely and that buildings, property and monies are secure at all times
- Responsible for the pastoral oversight of all staff, in conjunction with other staff members at the centre
- Any other reasonable tasks which may be necessary from time to time
There is an occupational requirement under schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010 for this post to be held by an active practicing Christian who can promote a Christian ethos.
- Active practicing Christian with willingness and ability to promote the Christian Faith and uphold the values of the organisation
- To participate in the leading of staff devotionals
- Ability to work well under pressure with excellent skills in managing and prioritizing workloads
- Ability to use initiative and a creative approach to problem solving and being solution focused
- Ability to be resilient when dealing with challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communications to all people at all levels
- Ability to guide and inform managers in a professional manner
- Act with integrity and in accordance with the organisation’s values
- Active listener with the ability to motivate and encourage people
- A committed team player
- Ability to form positive relationships with internal and external contacts
Knowledge of the vision of NAYC & ACUK
- Relevant qualifications in hospitality, customer service, residential/conference facilities
- GCSE Pass in English and Maths (or equivalent)
- Full UK driving licence
- Experience of managing and running an establishment within the residential, conference, hospitality sector
- Experienced in making decisions that add value and contribute to the achievement of the organization
- Experienced in management of people and teams
Knowledge & Skills
- Experience/knowledge of working with booking systems
- Experience of managing and working to budgets
- IT skills including Microsoft Office, emails and internet
- Understanding of the Christian Residential / Conference environment