To ensure the efficient communication and administration
of guests’ requirements, prior to and during their stay,
together with other team members, on a rota system.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To contact user groups prior to arrival, discuss their requirements and ensure all departments receive the correct and relevant information.
2. To meet group leaders on arrival and co-ordinate welcome talks, ensuring all groups are relevantly briefed including Emergency Procedures, Security Arrangements and Site details.
3. To ensure the smooth operation of Guests’ programmes by liaising with kitchen, house, activities and maintenance teams.
4. To sign in visitors and prepare security badges etc for group leaders.
5. To be responsible for issuing and receiving keys and maintaining key security.
6. To receive and check the overnight security bag ensuring that, at the end of the evening duties, the bag, complete with relevant group information, is passed on to the overnight security person. Also ensuring group rooming lists are displayed on the fire control board.
7. To always be available for groups when on duty, ensuring that the Reception Desk is manned and that the rota, with adequate handover periods, works.
8. To assist in maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and facilities in the reception area at all times.
9. To support the operation of the shops and vending machines through managing till and key security; cashing up tills; re-stocking vending machines and opening shops if required.
10. To ensure groups complete evaluation forms and to meet with group leaders on day of departure and discuss any relevant items and opportunities for re-booking and present any current offers or promotions that may be available.
11. To issue sports equipment and other resources to groups, collecting deposits and maintaining records.
12. To administer Activity Hall bookings via the Outlook Calendar.
13. To open the centre at the beginning of the day and follow lock up and security procedures at the end of the day.
a) To act as initial point for telephone contact.
b) To respond when first aid is required.
c) To help in any other operational procedures as required.
The above serves only as a summary of the main duties and areas of work. Full job details are contained in the GST TRAINING MANUAL.