At Action Centres UK we have a current vacancies for House Team Staff Members to join our House Team at Pioneer, Shropshire. These are permanent roles for 18 hours a week.
The main purpose of this role is to ensure the efficient communication and administration of guests’ requirements, prior to and during their stay, together with other team members, on a rota system.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To contact user groups prior to arrival, discuss their requirements and ensure all departments receive the correct and relevant information.
- To meet group leaders on arrival and co-ordinate welcome talks, ensuring all groups are relevantly briefed including Emergency Procedures, Security Arrangements and Site details.
- To ensure the smooth operation of Guests’ programmes by liaising with kitchen, house, activities and maintenance teams.
- To sign in visitors and prepare security badges etc for group leaders.
- To be responsible for issuing and receiving keys and maintaining key security.
- To receive and check the overnight security bag ensuring that, at the end of the evening duties, the bag, complete with relevant group information, is passed on to the overnight security person. Also ensuring group rooming lists are displayed on the fire control board.
- To always be available for groups when on duty, ensuring that the Reception Desk is manned and that the rota, with adequate handover periods, works.
- To assist in maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and facilities in the reception area at all times.
- To support the operation of the shops and vending machines through managing till and key security; cashing up tills; re-stocking vending machines and opening shops if required.
- To ensure groups complete evaluation forms and to meet with group leaders on day of departure and discuss any relevant items and opportunities for re-booking and present any current offers or promotions that may be available.
- To issue sports equipment and other resources to groups, collecting deposits and maintaining records.
- To administer Activity Hall bookings via the Outlook Calendar.
- To open the centre at the beginning of the day and follow lock up and security procedures at the end of the day
- a) To act as initial point for telephone contact.
- b) To respond when first aid is required.
- c) To help in any other operational procedures as required.
The above serves only as a summary of the main duties and areas of work. Full job details are contained in the GST TRAINING MANUAL.
- Must be flexible and adaptable, self-motivated and a pro-active worker
- Pleasant but Confident manner with other people, able to express a sense of welcome and approachability.
- Excellent attention to detail and able to thoroughly check information, figures, dates etc to minimise errors.
- Able to be effectively work as a team, communicating to other staff and being aware of what others need to know to help the functioning of the centre.
- Ability to take ownership of the centre’s purpose and being willing to take responsibility and stay with a task or issue until it is completed, resolved or handed on.
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Ability to work on various IT packages
- Experience of reception work
- Experience of working in a Hospitality environment
- A flexible approach to working hours
- Capable of adapting quickly to differing tasks with an above average ability to focus the mind and give the concentration required. Able to handle regular interruptions to work
- Capable of prioritising tasks, planning work to fulfil obligations as well as being able to make fruitful use of quieter periods.
- A committed team player
- The ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, by telephone and by email; discussing booking details with guests and imparting essential information clearly and confidently.
This Job Description and person specification is dated December 2018 and maybe subject to review at any time as may be necessary.