At Action Centres UK we have a vacancy for a Hospitality Team Staff Member to join our hardworking Hospitality Team at our busy residential centre, Whitemoor Lakes.
This is a part time position (18.75 hours per week) any 3 days out of 7, on a rota basis, including evenings and weekends.
The main purpose of this role is to support the Hospitality Team Coordinator and Team supervisors in meeting the needs of our guests by assisting in cleaning and preparing guest accommodation and to prepare, serve and clean in the dining rooms.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Helping to ensure high standards of cleanliness, hygiene and appearance are maintained throughout the centre.
- Cleaning and preparing guest accommodation (lodges), including bedrooms, bathrooms, lounge areas, and kitchenettes. Tasks include bed-making, hoovering, cleaning of bathrooms, and polishing.
- Laundry duties, including using the centres washing machines and tumble dryers.
- Ensuring safe practise and adhering to the correct use of ALL chemicals, wearing the appropriate protective equipment where necessary.
- Reporting any damage and maintenance issues promptly to your line. manager.
- Cleaning of public areas, including lounge areas, corridors, toilets and hub shower rooms.
- Cleaning and preparing of venue rooms for incoming groups. Tasks include hoovering, rubbish, setting of chairs / tables and any AV / PA equipment.
- To assist in the dining room, preparing the room for guests, serving meals, and cleaning up after meals, including washing up and hoovering.
- To ensure food hygiene regulations are met within our dining room and food service.
- To clean, refresh and stock up the tea and coffee points throughout the centre, including washing and replenishing mugs.
- To daily check the house team / hospitality team staff notice board for any important information / notices.
- Assisting whenever requested in other areas of cleaning (i.e. windows, staff accommodation, offices etc) to ensure the maintenance and appearance of a high standard of cleanliness throughout the centre.
- To undertake other duties as requested by the Hospitality Team Coordinator, General Manager or Head of Centre.
- Clear communicator, with good command of the English language (speaking, reading and writing).
- Personable & approachable, cheerful, polite and courteous, with the ability to respond positively to guests needs.
- Flexible, punctual and reliable.
- Comfortable & confident when working as part of a team, but also working alone.
- A Committed team player
- Keen eye for detail
- Good understanding of a residential hospitality Environment.
- Previous experience working in hospitality or another customer facing role.
- Previous experience working in a cleaning services role.
- Previous experience working with children.
- Experience of working to a tight schedule or regular task list.
- No formal qualifications are needed for this role, however, a good standard of numeracy and literacy is required
- Fully supportive of the aims and Christian ethos of the Charity.
- High standard of personal grooming, dress and appearance.
The salary for this role is National Minimum Wage.