At Action Centres UK we have a current vacancy for Hospitality Team Supervisor to join our house team at Whitemoor Lakes, Staffordshire. This is a part time role (25 hours per week, any 5 days out of 7 on a rota basis, predominantly evenings and including weekends). This is a maternity cover contract, up to 9 months, with the possibility of extending.
To take the lead each shift, on a daily basis, of the smooth running of the hospitality department to ensure the smooth running of the days timetable. To support the Hospitality Team Coordinator in providing clear leadership and management for the hospitality department (house team), providing the team with the relevant tools to do the job, whilst providing an excellent standard of guest accommodation, food service and venue rooms to exceed guest expectations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To provide daily leadership and clear guidance to the department team, in the form of being a constant presence within the team, competent planning, good communication, and being the first point of contact for hospitality team staff.
- To deputise for the Hospitality Team Coordinator in their absence.
- Daily planning and prioritisation of tasks, using run sheets & venue 360 to action group requirements, and filling in the correct daily paper work to allow your team to know their tasks for the shift ahead.
- To ensure all laundry is collected up on the relevant days, within the specified time, and placed neatly and safely within the laundry stores ready for the external laundry company to collect without delay.
- To complete cleaning checks on all change over days in relevant lodges, ensuring the lodge is clean and correct the for incoming groups requirements and then communicating other departments by updating the lodge cleaning board located at reception / office. Daily check sheets also need to be completed correctly, signed and dated.
- To complete regular cleaning checks of the Centre public toilets, ensuring staff are correctly completing the toilet check / cleaning log sheet. Ensuring new log sheets are available and displayed at the start of each week.
- When necessary, to assist in cleaning and preparing guest accommodation to included bedrooms, bathrooms, lounge areas, and kitchenettes), venue rooms and public spaces. Tasks include bed making, hoovering, cleaning of bathrooms and polishing.
- To undertake regular quality checks on staff workmanship, managing poor performance in line with organisational procedures.
- To ensure the smooth running of the dining room during meal service, being responsible for special diets, ensuring enough food is brought out to the hot serveries and liaising with group organisers.
- To ensure food hygiene regulations are met within our dining room and food service.
- To ensure the dining room is kept clean, tidy and set up correctly for each group, with correct number of tables, chairs, table signs etc.
- Ensuring you and your team adhere to safe practise when using of chemicals, wearing the appropriate protective equipment where necessary and correct dose used.
- To help the Hospitality Team Coordinator to actively promote team work within your department
- To undertake other duties as requested by the Hospitality Team Coordinator, General Manager / Head of Centre.
- Clear communicator, with good command of the English language (speaking, reading and writing).
- Personable & approachable, cheerful, polite and courteous, with the ability to respond positively to guests & staff needs.
- Flexible, punctual and reliable.
- Being able to manage and supervise a team.
- Methodical, organised, planning schedules and being able to prioritise tasks.
- Comfortable & confident when working as part of a team, but also working alone.
- A Committed team player, being able to forge good working relationships within the team.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Efficient and competent with working with computerised systems, including word and excel.
- Good understanding of a residential hospitality environment.
- Previous experience working in a cleaning services role.
- Previous experience working in hospitality or another customer facing role.
- Previous experience of leading a team.
- Working with a hotel / residential centre computerised booking / information system.
- Previous experience working with children.
- Experience of working to a tight schedule or regular task list.
Education / Qualifications
- First aid certificate or a willingness to learn.
- No formal qualifications are needed for this role, however, a good standard of numeracy and literacy is required.
- Food hygiene certificate or a willingness to learn.
- COSHH training.
- Fully supportive of the aims and Christian ethos of the Charity.
- High standard of personal grooming, dress and appearance.
The salary for this role is £8.77 per hour, £17,101 per annum.