An opportunity has arisen at our Head Office based in King’s Park, Moulton Park, Northampton, for a full time Youth Development Apprentice for our Youthwork department.
Youth Development Apprentice will be provided with relevant training to achieve a Level 3 award in Youth Work. They will learn and deliver all aspects of the Youthwork service to young people, be provided with relevant placements to enable a wide experience within youth work, and have a mentor to promote personal development.
There are certain principles of work that underpin the activities outlined below. All Youth Development Workers are expected to be competent communicators in writing and verbally; they should be able to represent NAYC with enthusiasm and poise. Youth Development Workers should be excellent networkers and understand ways to identify opportunities whilst exercising appropriate accountability through management structure.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete all training units for the Level 3 Youth Work Award, attend tutor sessions with the training provider, and compile a portfolio of learning with relevant assignments, observations and statements.
- Actively participate in the Youth Development team, sharing and developing new ideas and training, promoting the work through social media.
- Visit youth groups countywide, plan and lead activity sessions for young people, support voluntary leaders and promote our services, in conjunction with the area Youth Development Coordinator.
- Visit times are generally between 1-2 hours, most are during weekday evenings.
- Support NAYC activities and events, including school holiday programmes, youth forums and occasional residentials.
- Through NAYC activities support young people with different needs and challenges, raising awareness of the importance of youth involvement and engagement.
- Attend relevant work placements and support meeting, with a mentor/supervisor
- Attend weekly YD team meetings and occasional project meetings as required.
- Ensure up to date records are maintained.
- Assist in other aspects of NAYC’s work that may be required, as necessary.
- Relates and communicates well with people of different ages and levels of authority
- A team worker who contributes to the team
- Hard working, shows initiative and a self starter
- Reliable and committed person
- Non-judgmental person who demonstrates awareness/understanding of equal opportunities
- Attended and/or volunteered at a youth group
- Level 2 (GCSE) in English and Maths
- Ability to plan and deliver appropriate activities for groups of young people
- Ability to travel to different locations, without the use of public transport
- Experience of MS Office applications and social media
- A clean driving licence
- Experience of working with children