We thank you for your interest in our Organisation and the role in which you have registered your interest.
This document is important as it allows us to explain to you what we do with your Personal Data and the rights that you have with regards to your Personal Data. Your privacy is important to us and we will keep your Personal Data secure in accordance with our legal responsibilities.
Please be advised that should you choose to formally apply for the job role, the application form should be completed and returned to the sender.
What Personal Data do we collect and when?
The personal data that we collect is dependent on how you have interacted with us, when you make enquires or request information on the phone for advertised roles or through the website, your name email address and phone number may/will be recorded.
During the entire Recruitment and Selection process the data collated should include:
- The receipt of your CV
- Your completed application form
- Reference collecting (from a referee you select) upon a job offer
- A document demonstrating your eligibility to work (may include biometric data including a passport copy or birth certificate) in line with employment legislation.
- For job roles which involve contact with young people, it may be required to obtain a DBS application form for the purpose of safeguarding young people in line with DBS requirements. This will also involve processing this form and sending off to the DBS and seeing original copies of personal documents. A list of these documents will be explained to you as part of that process if deemed relevant.
Why do we collect Personal Data?
- We require certain information in order to identify individuals for the purposes of recruitment and selection.
- The need to process data on applicants and staff for the purposes of assessing suitability for employment and then carrying out the employment contract
- The need to gather data for the purposes of complying with employment legislation
- The purpose of safeguarding young people (in the case of DBS applications)
- We will only use your personal data to the extent that the law allows us to do so.
Who is your Personal Data shared with?
Please be advised that your completed application form and CV (if relevant) will be processed by the HR Department when this is received, as part of the selection process for the position and forwarded to the relevant hiring manager.
Decisions will be made between relevant parties (hiring manager and or interviewer/s) to deem whether your application is successful for the interview stage.
What happens to your Personal Data if you are not selected for Interview?
You will be informed if your application is unsuccessful for interview. The application form will be held securely in line with our internal procedures for a total of six months, thereafter, will be confidentially shredded. You may be contacted if any other positions become available during the six month period. If you do not consent to HR retaining your application form for this reason, please notify the HR department in order for your request to be granted.
What are your rights in relation to your Personal Data?
You have the right to:
- Access the personal data we hold about you
- Have errors or inaccuracies in your personal data corrected
- In certain circumstances, have your personal data erased
- In certain circumstances, have the processing of your personal data restricted
- In certain circumstances, to object to the way that your personal data is being processed
- Where we are relying on consent to process your personal data, you have the right to retract your consent at any time
- You have the right to lodge a complaint about how we process your personal data with a supervisory authority. Before you do so we ask that you contact us in the first instance so that we can try and resolve your complaint.
- Ask us to further explain how we use your personal data
How to make contact with our Organisation in relation to the use of your Personal Data:
If you have any questions about this policy, you would like to exercise any of your rights stated above or if you wish to make a complaint, please contact Matthew Whittaker, Business Development Manager, NAYC-ACUK, Head Office, Kings Park, Kings Park Road, Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN3 6LL or HR Department, Head Office, Kings Park, Kings Park Road, Northampton, NN3 6LL, phone: 01604 499699 or email: email@example.com.